Hello my dears! I apologise for the absolutely terrible lack of updates here.
What I've been up to in the past weeks:
- Studying for finals (what do you call them in English once you're at university?) like the nerd I am. I even get really stressed out by them, resulting in lack of sleep and loads of disgruntled behaviour
- Ploughing through a massive blanket of snow that, while making Amsterdam very pretty, is responsible for a crazy amount of delays in public transport, and making it fairly impossible to go anywhere by bicycle without slipping.
- Taking up the rather ambitious plan to start a blog with longer stories, in Dutch, which is not about style (shocking, yes)
- Finding that going to an Amsterdam club called the Melkweg ('the Milkyway') when it has a theme that, surprisingly, tells us to go ahead and 'Kill All Hipsters', is a very nice thing to do on a Saturday night.
- Eating inordinate amounts of chocolate (whether or not in liquid form), cookies, sandwiches, and many other things. Which is all good because it's nearly Christmas.
- Participating in the largest student demonstration that Amsterdam has seen since the 1970s. Pictures here. It was so very, very awesome.
- Spending faar too much time on Facebook.
What I have not been up to these past few weeks:
- Make blog photos.
- Put up a Christmas tree.
- Go to cool holiday parties that require me to wear sparkly dresses.
I'm so out of it! Anyway, expect improvement soon, as I have five WEEKS of Christmas holidays. FIVE. So I'll have no excuse for not making posts then :)
Wish me luck for my next few exams and see you soon!
photo by me.